Bexil American Mortgage is a Start-up National Mortgage Banking firm based in San Diego, CA lead by a seasoned group of mortgage professionals. We need strong candidates with a successful track record looking to be part of creating a dynamic organizational culture to join our team and help us achieve national success.
This key role underwrites loans received from brokers by analyzing borrowers’ credit, capacity (income) and collateral information and determining whether the risk factors meet Bexil American Mortgage Inc., investor and agency underwriting guidelines and federal and state rules and regulations.
- Reviews loan application provided by broker.
- Verifies that the AUS being used is appropriate for the loan program/product requested.
- Reviews loan file and loan program/product to determine which supporting documents must be in the loan file.
- Ensures that loan information is accurately input in the LOS and the AUS by verifying the data determined to be accurate based on the analysis of the loan file documentation received from the broker or loan officer.
- Ensures all conditions input in the AUS are also recorded in LOS.
- Reviews all aspects of the loan file.
- Ensures all necessary credit information about the borrower is listed on the report.
- Determines borrower’s credit score.
- Reviews the AUS’s analysis of the borrower’s credit.
- Analyzes income, assets, employment and collateral documentation provided. Review these documents to identify any red flags noted.
- Communicates underwriting decision to appropriate parties, i.e. broker and/or Bexil American Sales staff.
- Participation in system development projects and tasks; system testing and analysis to ensure operational readiness.
Required Knowledge and Experience (level of expertise and comprehension of principles, facts, and subject matter):
Required Skills and Abilities (proficiency; abilities acquired from knowledge, practice and understanding):
- Minimum 3 years prior experience underwriting jumbo loans;
- At least one area of specialized training such as: property evaluation, tax return evaluation, self-employed income analysis.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of: Automated Underwriting System used by Bexil American Mortgage Inc. (at time of hire, knowledge of on AUS is sufficient)
- Should be proficient in using the following standard office equipment - personal computer, copy machine, fax machines, 10-key calculator and phone.
Adaptability and Flexibility :
Decision Making :
- Must be open to change and new information, flexibly and willingly adapting behavior or work methods in response to new information and changing conditions
- Readily and willingly re-works approval conditions and/or the product program being offered based on new information about the loan.
- Readily and willingly adapts work processes and/or gains and applies new knowledge and skills as underwriting standards and guidelines change, technologies change and the industry/market changes.
- Makes decisions willingly.
- Makes sound, informed, objective and timely decisions.
- Perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
- Support and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Attention to detail :
Attributes (qualities or characteristics needed for successful performance):
- Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention to detail.
- Integrity: Is widely trusted. Is seen as a direct, truthful individual who uses sound judgment and operates with the highest ethical standards. Can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner. Keeps confidences. Admits mistakes. Represents oneself and the company honestly.
- Interpersonal strength: Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern and politeness to others. Develops and maintains effective relationships with others. Relates well to people from varied backgrounds and different situations. Maintains confidentiality. Responds well to others’ ideas.
- Motivation: Sets and achieves challenging goals. Measures self against a high standard of excellence, steadfastly pushing self and others for results. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Teamwork: Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust and group identity. Fosters commitment and team spirit. Develops and maintains effective relationships with others. Responds well to others’ ideas. Works well with others to achieve goals, putting the team’s success above own interests.
Bexil American Mortgage Inc. - 15 months ago