Join one of Capital One’s fastest growing lines of business -- Capital One Home Loans. Here, you’ll find energized, positive people all working together to accomplish one goal – customer satisfaction. At one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you’ll also see a rewarding work environment where your ideas really can make a difference. With many opportunities to develop new skills and great benefits like educational assistance available, you’ll wonder what took you so long to get here.
Be part of a group of enthusiastic problem solvers who handle complex challenges on the front line of our business, helping our customers with their financial life. Our associates focus on achieving excellence while doing the right thing by our customers.
A great opportunity exists for an ambitious and passionate individual to join our team as an Associate Underwriter. It is the Associate Underwriter’s responsibility to ensure that conventional loans are processed and underwritten accurately and while remaining in compliance with company, regulatory and investor requirements. The Associate Underwriter is a partner to sales, processing and closing by helping to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Manual credit review skills, unassisted by DU
- Determine qualifying income for more complex applicants including Tax Returns (except 1040 Sched E, K-1 and Business Returns)
- Review more complex appraisals for Condo’s and Attached PUDs
- Understanding of FNMA /FHLMC guidelines and the implications to DU
- Ability to read and understand MI guidelines; including overlays
- Advanced level of risk assessment skills and ability to mitigate risk due to higher loan amount requests
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification or military experience
- 2 years of experience in automated underwriting systems to include FNMA’s Desktop Underwriter and / or FHLMC’s Loan Prospector
- 2 years of experience underwriting/knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA programs and underwriting guidelines, as well as those of other conventional investors, state/local bond programs and private mortgage insurers
- Bachelors Degree in business or related field
- 3 years Mortgage Underwriting experience
- 4 years of mortgage experience
- Analytical ability to consider consequences of Loan credit guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
Primary Location United States-Delaware-Wilmington-Wilmington - Oliver Evans (18222)
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...