Department: Bank Iowa Home Loan Center
Reports to: Regional President (also to CEO on non-Des Moines regional matters)
Supervises: Mortgage Loan Officers, Mortgage Loan Processors
FLSA status: Exempt
Summary: Responsible for the prudent management of the bank’s residential real estate loan portfolio and mortgage banking activity. Plans, organizes and directs the department’s activities, including marketing and loan origination in the Des Moines region. Responsible for uniform residential mortgage loan product development for all regions; and processing, underwriting, closing, post closings, and quality control for regions needing such assistance. Provides friendly, quality customer service and treats customers with respect and dignity, either in person or on the phone.
Specific Job Functions:
- Supervises the activities of the mortgage lending staff in the Des Moines region. Specifically responsible for 1-4 family mortgage lending.
- Responsible for the successful overall operation and development of mortgage lending including activities related to production, origination, processing, servicing and quality for other regions, as directed by Bank Iowa CEO.
- Approves selection of new employees, salary increases, promotions and transfers for department. Makes authoritative recommendations regarding disciplinary actions, and terminations. Oversees documentation on recommendations and actions taken.
- Sets performance standards, gives clear direction, delegates and schedules work.
- Monitors performance, gives on-going performance feedback, and conducts effective performance appraisals.
- Trains, coaches, counsels, and provides general direction and guidance to direct reports.
- Evaluates the loan portfolio and analyzes any developing trends.
- Develops the short and long term goals and objectives of the department.
- Communicates with secondary market investors, agencies, insurers, and government agencies to assure quality, saleable loans.
- Makes credit decisions on loans based on established loan policy and guidelines of the bank and secondary market.
- Promotes bank products.
- Develop and maintain an interest rate and servicing fee structure that is consistent with overall bank policy and income projections and is in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Reports to senior management monthly on production, pipeline, hedging, gains/loss or sale of loan, and other reports as needed.
- Responsible for compliance with all mortgage related laws, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for builder/realtor relationships for the Des Moines region.
- Responsible for meeting established production goals and budget projections.
- Maintains a high volume and quality loan production operation.
- Evaluates new procedures, services and industry changes that could enhance the mortgage lending operations.
- Continuously survey the market for new investors and make recommendations that will improve production due to multi-menu products.
- Monitors market position and submits rate/product change recommendations.
- Develops and recommends change to policy as appropriate.
- Develops departmental goals and strategies for approval which support production goals. Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness of the programs and recommends change as needed.
- Reviews and approves commercial and construction real estate loans within assigned lending authority and recommends credit requests to Loan Committee for consideration.
- Supports Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) through business development efforts.
- Acts as a member of multiple committees including senior management and Loan Committee; conducts a variety of meetings, including staff meetings, on a regular basis.
- Assists in formulating and administering annual department budget.
- Has access to confidential information about accounts and customers. Protects the privacy and confidentiality of customers, other employees, and work.
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Performs other bank related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Well-lit, climate-controlled office setting. Occasional travel required between bank locations.
- Works independently while following bank policy. Questions regarding bank policy should be directed to supervising employee. Job has very complex tasks requiring high levels of professional judgment. Supervision is very general and infrequent. Receives general direction working from established policies and objectives. Employee plans and carries out assignments and resolves most conflicts that arise. Completed work is checked only to determine feasibility and compatibility with other work, or effectiveness in meeting objectives of the unit.
Iowa Bankers Association - 11 months ago
Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (Annaly) is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns and manages a portfolio of mortgage-backed...