Genworth Financial, Home Equity Access is one of the nation’s leaders in the Reverse Mortgage industry. Our focus is to help Change the Lives of the seniors we work with. This is a growing industry and this growth leads to an exciting career opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Mortgage Operations Trainer. We are looking for people who will take their roles seriously and professionally, yet still want to have fun and enjoy what they do. Our company was named as a Top 10 Employer in the Sacramento Business Journal's A+ Employers of 2009, a 2011 SWEL awards nominee and a 2012 SWEL Top Two Finalist.
Under the supervision of the Learning and Development Manager, this position will identify, create and teach employees within the Operations departments. Such training will include process training, product training, customer service training, compliance training and other training as needed. This role will act as primary administrator of operations training content and ensure adequate coverage of all live and recorded content.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Working with the Learning and Development Manager, primarily responsible for identifying training needs within the operations teams to maximize efficiency, productivity and a high level of customer service.
• Develop and maintain educational materials for internal courses (online and instructor led), seminars, and train-the-trainer sessions.
• Maintain all operations presentation materials and power point presentations in online library to ensure content is kept updated and relevant.
• Partner with Operations group to develop and administer training plan for operations Immersion topics and Post-Immersion follow up.
• Act as primary trainer for delivery of all operations training programs.
• Partner with Operations to create course content for both job specific requirements and work flow processes to other relevant topics such as customer service, communication and supervisor training.
• Work with HR to document training for internal audience (employees) in personnel files.
• Create systems and feedback mechanisms to monitor effectiveness of training program.
• Other special project or duties as assigned by management.
• Two years of proven professional experience with the coordination, facilitation and delivery of instructor-led sessions
• Minimum two years professional experience in mortgage operations (Reverse Mortgage Experience preferred but not required)
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Advanced usage level for Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows
• Ability to use technology to automate courses for online consumption
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong time management, organizational skills
• High level of energy and outstanding attitude
• Self-directed personality with a desire to thrive in a fast paced environment
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and business units.
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Prioritize projects to meet deadlines in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
• Ability to communicate verbally over the telephone and be understood by clients & customers
• Sit for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to use a computer
• At times may require stooping, bending, pushing or pulling
• Manual dexterity & visual acuity necessary to fulfill essential functions of the position
• Work is primarily performed in an office setting
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....