The Mortgage Originator is responsible for generating additional loan business (primarily in real estate lending), preparing loan paperwork and assisting the Mortgage Manager in maintaining statistics, creating reports and following up on delinquent mortgage accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Required Qualifications :
- Develops new and existing mortgage and home equity business.
- Actively promotes the Credit Union’s full line of products and financial services in person, over the phone and in writing.
- Prepares all loan papers to submit for approval to loan officers or mortgage processing vendor.
- Ensures that all loan procedures are followed and are within the policy guidelines.
- Assists Mortgage Manager in the following areas:
- Maintains statistics relative to loans issued, report data, etc.;
- Prepares proper mortgage reports for the Board of Directors and regulators;
- Works with the Collection Department for the overall follow up of all delinquent mortgage accounts.
- Maintains awareness in the field of credit granting regarding government agencies, regulation, data processing requirements and future development; keeps up-to-date on changes in the mortgage loan industry and legislation that would affect mortgage lending.
- Works to maximize Member satisfaction by providing optimum service and handles difficult Member problems.
- Verifies forms used to comply with state and federal regulations; revises forms as necessary to remain in compliance.
- Possesses a working knowledge of FNMA standards.
- Registers with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) and maintains and renews the registration in addition to completing related compliance training as directed by KEMBA.
- Keeps abreast of changes to mortgage loans from mortgage processing vendors; acts as liaison between Members and mortgage processing vendor.
- Works with other mortgage lending institutions and title companies on behalf of Members.
- Performs other duties as required by Credit Union management.
- Develops an understanding of Credit Union history, philosophy, organization, policies and operational procedures.
- On a self-directed basis, continues to improve individual level of competency through training and certification on established educational programs.
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with coworkers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
Physical Activities and Requirements of This Position :
- College degree or combination of equivalent education and experience
- Minimum two years of experience in mortgage lending
- Knowledge of lending products/regulations
- Familiar with state and federal lending statutes
- Knowledge of procedures and legalities of filing liens and/or mortgages
- Demonstrated sound lending judgment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must value a high degree of accuracy
- Professional demeanor
- Effective communication skills
- Basic PC skills (Windows)
- Basic math skills
- Assertive problem solving skills
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
Physical Strength: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
KEMBA Financial Credit Union - 6 months ago