Join one of Capital One’s fastest growing lines of business -- Capital One Home Loans. Here, you’ll find energized, positive people all working together to accomplish one goal – customer satisfaction. At one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you’ll also see a rewarding work environment where your ideas really can make a difference. With many opportunities to develop new skills and great benefits like educational assistance available, you’ll wonder what took you so long to get here.
Manages, monitors, tracks and resolves daily user requests and issues within designated service level agreements. Recommends and implements changes to new and/or existing processes or procedures.
- Responsible for assisting the Quality Control Department in meeting Regulatory requirements and mitigating risk as it relates to Mortgage lending.
- Responsible for re-underwriting loans based on high-risk characteristics to determine if investor guidelines were met, if sound underwriting practices were made and determine if corrective actions are warranted based on audit results.
- Responsible for completing comprehensive examinations of channels; Retail and/or Wholesale and Broker business to ensure collateral integrity, documentation accuracy and completeness as well as credit quality.
- Analyze the risk level of loans reviewed and completed by underwriter.
- Identify and work through alternatives for loans that fall outside of guidelines.
- Demonstrate the ability to translate underwriting guidelines with application of mitigating factors, when applicable, to ensure proper salability to investors.
- Some communication both in writing and orally with third party stakeholders and clients as needed.
- Review high low risk flags from data alerts to clear variances.
- Consistently meet established productivity and quality measurements on a consistent basis
- Perform other duties within Quality Control, as needed
- High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent Certification, or Military experience
- At least 3 years experience in automated underwriting systems to include FNMA’s Desktop Underwriter and FHLMC’s Loan Prospector
- 2 years of experience underwriting/knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA programs and underwriting guidelines, as well as those of other conventional investors, state/local bond programs and private mortgage insurers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- DE and VA LAPP/SAR
- Previous Quality Control experience
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, strong analytical skills and sound decision making ability.
- Extensive experience with interacting with other departments and third parties
- Experience in managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
- Proven follow up and organizational skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Capital One promotes a drug-free work environment.
Primary Location United States-Delaware-Wilmington-Wilmington - Oliver Evans (18222)
Capital One - 9 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...