Interthinx, Inc. is a leading national provider of comprehensive risk mitigation solutions focusing on mortgage fraud, collateral risk and valuation, regulatory compliance, forensic loan audit services, loss mitigation, and loss forecasting. The Interthinx focus is on helping clients reduce risk, increase operational efficiencies, satisfy regulator demands, manage data verification, remain compliant and mitigate loan buybacks. We are a profitable, upbeat and passionate company built on honesty, integrity and individual respect in all matters involving customers, partners and employees! Come join the Interthinx team!
1. Conduct a pre- or post-closing quality control loan reviews on performing and/or no-performing loans submitted to the Loan Review Services (LRS) unit. This can include the evaluation of one or more of the following: adherence to agency and investor underwriting guidelines, federal and/or state compliance regulations, agency and investor QC requirements and identification of red flags.
2. Present formal written findings and assemble exhibit packages to support audit findings.
3. Perform additional responsibilities within LRS, including but not limited to suggestion and development of best practices, performing special projects such and Research and Development, time studies, assisting in writing policies and procedures and mentoring underwriters.
4. Contribute to production environment by either performing audit reviews or completing quality control as bandwidth permits.
5. Work with Product, Sales to solicit, manager, and close new Quality Control opportunities.
6. Travel – on-site participation of new audits implementation and training.
• Ten years recent experience in the mortgage industry; at least 5 years underwriting and 5 years in quality control/compliance. Strong preference that the most recent position held being in quality control/compliance.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution preferred.
• Current knowledge of Federal Regulatory Compliance (RESPA/TILA) and GSE/HUD QC requirements.
• Thorough knowledge of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac/FHA/VA lending guidelines relative to DU, LP and manual underwriting requirements. Experience with USDA requirements a plus.
• Experience with the QC appeals process and QD Data Aggregation and Trendy Analysis.
• Experience filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARA) preferred.
• Proficient in the analysis of complex personal/business tax returns and other financial documents.
• Appraisal Review and Valuation Review skills.
• Excellent organizational and writing skills. Able to articulate complex scenarios in a narrative format and create detailed loan-level reports based on audit findings.
• Excellent and demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, Adobe products and other software applications required to complete the job.
• Ability to work independently to meet time constraints on audits.
• Must be internet savvy with strong research skills. Knowledge of Lexis Nexis, AVMs and other fraud online research tools.
• Professional phone etiquette and interviewing skills, detail orientation and accuracy are essential.
• Ability to learn systems rapidly in and ever changing environment
• Must be able to work on different projects depending on the needs of the company. Current projects include Quality Control, Due Diligence, Repurchase Review, Fraud Analysis, Regulatory Compliance Reviews, Counterparty Reviews, Asset Recovery, Mortgage Insurance File Review, Red Flag Analysis, Quality Control prefunding review, Contract Underwriting and other new products as developed.
• Flexibility to work independently or with a team and to swiftly transition among different projects.
• Maintain production requirements within a fast-paced, high-volume and ever-changing environment while adhering to quality and service standards.
• Availability to work extended hours and/or travel as necessary.
• Pass a drug screening.
This position is available in:
Agoura Hills, CA
Santa Ana, CA
Colorado Springs, CO
St. Louis, MO
Winston Salem, NC
Jersey City, NJ
Interthinx is an equal opportunity employer.
Verisk Analytics - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard