The Mortgage Relationship Officer serves as the leader of mortgage loan origination activities for Verity Credit Union by engaging in the following: outbound sales activities; internal training programs to branch management and staff; liaison to primary external partner; communication with credit union management and staff regarding effectiveness of mortgage loan activities and programs; and developing and implementing loan processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Serves as the initial point of contact for problem resolution and questions arising from credit union staff members who are engaged in mortgage loan origination and activities.
- Serves as the primary contact with CUHMS on Verity Credit Union related concerns relative to the mortgage program.
- Assesses training needs and ensures front line employees are trained at an appropriate level on all first mortgage programs, practices, and procedures.
- Works closely with Marketing and Relationship staff members to develop and carry out plans for an effective marketing and sales program resulting in increased mortgage loan originations.
- Effectively develops and manages a reasonable portfolio of local real estate professionals and other key contacts that lead to increased mortgage loan origination activity.
- Develops and utilizes various mortgage loan origination reports and measurement tools to monitor mortgage performance and identify potential weaknesses and opportunities.
- Assists with problem resolution and process improvement initiatives related to mortgage loan origination activities.
- Facilitates use of member data obtained during the mortgage application process for cross-selling credit union consumer loans.
- Contributes to effective operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 3+ years of experience working in mortgage lending strongly preferred
- 3+ years of sales experience strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage lending and secondary market standards and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Must be bondable
- Knowledge of various types of mortgage loans
- Knowledge of escrow, title, and appraisal terminology and procedures
- Knowledge of residential loan documentation
- Knowledge of MortgageBot software
- Knowledge of credit union products, services, loan policies and procedures
- Knowledge of federal and state lending regulations
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting practices
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of credit union staff and management
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to members, staff, and community through appearance, actions, and behavior
- Ability to demonstrate consultative selling skills
- Ability to serve as role model, coach, trainer, and mentor
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in handling confidential information
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally through verbal and written communication
- Ability to travel to and between the credit union locations
Verity is committed to reasonably accommodating physical aspects of any position. The following are some requirements normally encountered in this job:
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
- Effectively communicate with diverse staff, members, and vendors
- Sitting, walking or standing for long periods of time
- Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Operating standard office equipment, which may require continuous or repetitive arm/hand movement
- Visually recognize, analyze, and verify data especially for negotiability
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.
Verity Credit Union - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard