The Mortgage Sales Assistant is responsible for providing support to an active sales team of internal and external loan consultants. This position requires a sense of urgency and professional awareness to help ensure the loan process and member service level is exceptional. Responsibilities will be to serve as a point of contact to facilitate leads, referrals, appointments, phone coverage, file compliance, and pipeline monitoring. Additional duties will consist of expediting loans from a case opening status to preparing files for the FORUM processing department.
Duties and Responsibilities - Essential Functions:
Serve as a backup to mortgage consultants by expediting inquiries and applications if needed. This function requires an NMLS registration number and background check.
Preparing disclosures for members that meet compliance requirements with delivery by e-mail or UPS as requested by mortgage consultants.
Prepare FHA submissions for initial underwriting - CAIVRS Prepare file for processing - order required services: appraisals, title, flood, etc.
Take initiative in performing miscellaneous tasks that help the sales team perform more efficiently.
Conduct weekly review of current 1st mortgage pipeline and initiate the withdraw process for all loans over 90 days old, and update all pre-approvals as inactive once initial conditions are issued.
Answer general member questions & schedule appointments mortgage consultants as needed
Perform filing duties and ordering office supplies as needed.
Perform all duties accurately, timely and professionally and abide by policy as outlined in Employee Handbook.
Review and assign FOCUS referrals to internal team.
Review and assign Online Applications and e-mail inquiries to internal team.
Maintain regular and acceptable attendance and follow credit union rules governing attendance.
Be available and willing to work such hours per day or per week as the credit union determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs. At times, weekends and holidays may be necessary on a case-by-case basis.
Be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the credit union determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs. Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- College degree / or equivalent professional work experience
- Working knowledge of mortgage originations and residential real estate
- Working knowledge of basic Fannie Mae underwriting guidelines /or general lending guidelines
- Strong business acumen with solid problem solving skills
- History of taking initiative and serving in a solutions driven capacity
- Strong organizational skills that supports a teamwork environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience working under deadline pressures with a client service focus
- Proficient computer skills (including Microsoft Office software)
- Displays professionalism and confidence
Forum Credit Union - 12 months ago