This position is responsible for reviewing and decisioning residential mortgage loan applications including conventional, government-backed, FNMA, and HARP, etc., for purchase, refinance, and bridge utilization. Underwriting of equity lines of credit and equity loans are also included. The Underwriter works effectively with other loan production associates and loan originators to ensure that loan applications move efficiently and the customer receives outstanding customer service.
Examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness. Working with loan originators or production staff to secure all required documents as needed
Analyzing and reviewing the loan application, credit reports, appraisals and other supporting loan documentation
Ensuring compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor standards
Decisioning loans consistent with designated loan approval authority
Communicating with Processors to clear findings and Closers to ensure timely closing of loans
Communicating with internal and external customers to discuss loan decisions. In the event of a denial, working with both branch associates and borrowers to determine whether alternative terms can be arranged
Keeping abreast of regulatory changes that affect the underwriting process
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 or more years of recent Fannie Mae underwriting experience including demonstrated familiarity with recent
2012) HARP changes
- 5 years of recent experience underwriting conventional Purchase, Refinance, Bridge and Equity Loan/Line of credit applications
- Excellent decision making skills including the ability to observe, analyze, organize and uses sound judgment when ev
aluating borrower income, credit, appraisal and other pertinent information
- Ability to validate and confirm that underwriting documentation complies with Fannie Mae guidelines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Excellent communications and interpersonal/customer service skills including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both internal and external customers, actively listen and question for understanding.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency working with loan, deposit and credit reporting systems
Action Management Services - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Action Management Services is a privately held executive search firm. Our offices are located in the growing Rockside Road corridor in...