Senior Mortgage Underwriter
We have immediate openings for permanent full time Senior Mortgage Underwriters in Boulder, CO.
Our valued Underwriter must be able to function in an active environment and maintain an “open door” policy at times, and be experienced / comfortable working in a paperless environment. Our ideal candidate will be accustomed to working in a fast-paced, high production environment, rolling up the sleeves, coupled with a dedication to providing outstanding levels of customer service, accuracy and quality.
Please complete the form on the right. Don’t forget to copy & paste your resume in the text box.
Job Duties include:
- Responsible for underwriting FHA, FNMA/FHLMC conforming and jumbo loans in accordance with various investor guidelines for our multi-state mortgage banking operation
- Responsible for direct interaction with processing and production personnel on all loan transactions as well as the closing, funding and post-closing departments to facilitate investor purchases on the secondary market
- Underwriter will have a strong comfort level with accessing real time investor seller and GSE guides to ensure top notch loan quality, and loan sale ability on secondary market
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge as it pertains to MDIA, RESPA, TILA, ECOA, HMDA and Fair Lending regulations, to name a fe w
This position includes a comprehensive pay and benefits component. There is a strong health insurance policy (subsidized), vision insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and the ability to purchase other forms of insurance for a spouse, life partner, and/or children.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of extensive mortgage banking experience, with a minimum of 2 years specifically in Underwriting
- Must have FNMA/FHLMC. FHA experience, VA experience is optional but not required
- Experience with USDA a plus
- Knowledge of automated underwriting systems (DO/DU/LP) is required in addition to a solid underwriting background
- Experience with Encompass 360 a plus
- Familiarity with all the relevant regulations required
- Must be self-motivated and have an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Solid analytic skills with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent customer service skills
Please complete the form above and on the right. Don’t forget to copy & paste your resume in the text box.
Commerce Mortgage was selected as a Top Workplace in 2012 by the Bay Area News Group based upon employee surveys. Commerce Mortgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Call 877-659-2685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Commerce Mortgage - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Commerce Mortgage is headquartered in San Ramon, California and serves customers from a wide range of locations throughout California,...