Interthinx is a leading national provider of comprehensive risk mitigation solutions focusing on mortgage fraud, collateral risk and valuation, regulatory compliance, forensic loan audit services, loss mitigation, and loss forecasting. The Interthinx focus is on helping clients reduce risk, increase operational efficiencies, satisfy regulator demands, manage data verification, remain compliant and mitigate loan buybacks. We are a profitable, upbeat and passionate company built on honesty, integrity and individual respect in all matters involving customers, partners and employees! Come join the Interthinx team!
1. File Review :
a. Conduct a forensic quality control loan review on performing and/or non-performing loans whether pre or post funding which are submitted to the Loan Review Solutions unit. Insure accurate and timely re-underwriting, loan evaluations while reviewing for possible misrepresentation, omissions, inaccuracies and fraud flags
b. As a Contract Underwriter, responsibilities include review of credit, income and asset documentation using the client’s guidelines, including qualification of wage earner and self employed borrowers per client and investor guidelines.
a. The review findings/decisions are to be summarized by the Underwriter in a formal report produced in the proprietary system. Decisions must be conclusive, supported, and contain a recommendation of action. This decision report summary should reflect the expert opinion of the Underwriter as a representative of the company.
b. Underwriting Decision as a contract underwriter to be returned accurately and meeting the requirements of the client.
3. Underwriter must adhere to all federal regulations regarding the protection of Personally Identifiable Information(PII)
Interthinx is an equal opportunity employer.
- Must have 5 years underwriting experience including 3 yrs underwriting prime mortgages
- Appraisal review Skills
- Knowledge of Desktop Underwriting, Loan Prospector and current underwriting guidelines
- Accuracy is essential
- Quality control experience a plus
- Excellent organizational and writing skills
- Excellent and demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, Adobe products and other software applications required to complete the job.
- Ability to work independently to meet time constraints on audits
- Must be internet savvy with strong research skills. Knowledge of Lexis Nexis, AVMs and other fraud online research tools.
- Professional phone etiquette and interviewing skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to learn systems rapidly in and ever changing environment
- Must be able to work on different projects depending on the needs of the company. Current project include Quality Control, Due Diligence, Repurchase Review, Fraud Analysis, Regulatory Compliance Reviews, Counterparty Reviews, Asset Recovery, Mortgage Insurance File Review, Red Flag Analysis, Quality Control prefunding review, Contract Underwriting and other new products as developed.
Interthinx - 19 months ago
All insurance coverage is based upon calculated risk -- but who's doing the calculating? Insurance Services is one source for such...