The Underwriting Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day to day activities of the Underwriting staff. Responsibilities include monitoring and maintaining daily file distribution to insure proper turn times are met. Supervise the underwriting staff to address any problems or issues that arise with underwritten files. Assist the Underwriting Manager in maintaining positive internal and external customer relationships
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Answer questions related to file submission, scenarios and underwriting guidelines.
- Assist Underwriting Manager with policy and program exception requests.
- Work with Underwriting Manager to train and direct underwriting staff.
- Work with ops managers to ensure smooth flow between credit ops and sales.
- Work on special projects if requested/required by Underwriting Manager.
- Maintain regular communication with the Underwriting Manager to ensure clear understanding of corporate publications/announcements and maintain regular communication to staff.
- Develop goals for underwriters.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to increase staff skill sets.
- Work effectively with the Underwriting Manager on addressing performance issues with both verbal/ and or written action.
- Prepare performance evaluations for department staff.
- Maintain open lines of communication with Underwriting Manager relative to daily work flow and issues.
- Underwrite loans as needed.
Training and Experience:
- Must have thorough knowledge of all investor guidelines, and the agency automated underwriting systems.
- Ability to lead a staff of 15 or more underwriters.
- Must have the ability to interpret all investor guidelines to make a sound business decision and make rational risk-based decisions.
- Must be an effective approachable communicator able to discuss issues with underwriters, ops managers, processors and sales to find meaningful resolutions.
- Strong ability to lead and supervise the staff underwriters to meet both turn time and quality requirements.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude at all times with the ability to motivate and encourage the underwriters to meet their production goals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make sound business decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be an excellent team player.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Good time management and process efficiency skills
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
- Must have 5+ years of experience conventional/government underwriting.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen – after offer of employment is extended and before start date
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Everbank - 19 months ago
EverBank Financial and its subsidiaries provide a range of financial services including banking, investment services, lending, commercial...