Job Purpose Summary
1. To support the operation, modifications and maintenance of DP Systems installed on vessel’s within our area of jurisdiction.
2. Ensure the safe and efficient operation of DP systems. Confirm the DP systems meet or exceed governing authorities standards and that they are in compliance w/ current legislation and within the standards of Technip.
3. Work to become the subject matter expert for all DP systems installed on vessel’s within our area of jurisdiction.
4. Maintain good working relationships w/ Fleet Technical Manager and vessel’s crew.
5. Manage all emergency repairs which would prevent the vessel from being operational.
6. Work w/ Fleet Technical Manager and assist in the development of maintenance plans, procedures and schedules.
7. Responsible for confirming the performance of the DP system meets or exceeds revenue project requirements. Confirm projects have sufficient documentation and support to satisfy project and bid requirements.
8. Monitor DP incidents and provide corrective actions to either eliminate or reduce re-occurrences while working w/ HSE.
9. Participate in the various DP surveys, trials and FMEA’s, FMECA and Safety Criticality, required for class.
1. Audit vessel DP and automation systems and ensure they are maintained within the standards of best practices and regulatory legislation. Confirm all maintenance records are within same standards.
2. Create policies and procedures for the operation and maintenance of DP systems and the integration of subsystems and feedback equipment.
3. Prepare and organize documentation specific to each DP system including manuals, schematics specifications, etc. for all DP systems within your jurisdiction.
4. Develop specifications for the procurement of DP systems and integrated subsystems and feedback equipment.
5. Become an expert in the current standards governed by ABS, IMCA, IMO, DNV, USCG, Technip, and other similar societies.
6. Prepare budgets and schedules for the modification and repair of DP systems.
7. Review spares list for all systems within your jurisdiction and identify any deficiencies.
8. Mentor crew members and operators.
9. Prepare contact lists of 3rd party support, specific to each vessel, who would be needed to support the repair and maintenance of DP systems and integrated components.
10. Support projects and prepare necessary documentation when needed and attend hazops in preparation of projects.
11. Attend training sessions to increase knowledge throughout all disciplines.
12. Participate in incident investigations and non-conformities with regards to mechanical failure or maintenance issues.
13. Be knowledgeable in all aspects of the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and as such, ensure Company policies/objectives are reached with regard to Safety and Pollution Prevention and for ensuring that the responsibility, authority, and interrelation of all personnel who manage, perform, and verify work affecting these aspects of Company operations are properly conducted.
Qualifications of Position
1. 7+ years experience w/ the maintenance, audits and repair of DP Systems and subsystems.
2. Vast knowledge in DP Systems and the integration into vessel’s infrastructure including: power management, fuel system, electrical system, thrusters, steering systems, engine room management (govenors/AVR’s), generator control, electrical instrumentation, UPS, SCR drives, ER shutdowns, etc.
3. Vast knowledge in the design, construction and trouble shooting of DP systems and the auxiliary, sensory and navigational equipment supporting it: position reference systems, DGPS/GLONAS, laser, acoustic systems, tautwire, gyro’s, wind sensor, VRU, dual axis Doppler speed, microwave reference systems, DP workstations, PMS controllers, data historians, DP com’s network, consoles, integration into power management, helideck monitoring systems, station watch, navigational integration, DP class requirements, etc.
1. 10+ years experience of same.
2. Auditor of DP systems, DP systems and automation specialist.
3. Risk Assessment, job hazard analysis, incident investigation
Personal Attributes Required
1. A dynamic self motivated person who can demonstrate they can work in a team environment and demonstrate leadership qualities.
2. Able to travel abroad.
3. One who embraces highly technical problems and enjoys working w/ the people who possess the technical knowledge to solve these problems.
4. Reinforce and strengthen HSE culture at every opportunity.
5. Promote correct HSE behaviors through example in line w/ company goals.
6. Flexibility and willingness to take on new projects.
7. Good computer and IT skills
Technip - 22 months ago
High-tech Technip USA, an American subsidiary of French engineering and construction giant Technip, provides engineering and construction...