Please submit your resume online through this posting. Do not mail your resume directly to the Hornets. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Hornets to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
Overall Purpose: The Motion Graphics Animator/Editor will report to the Production Manager/Technical Director and assist in the planning and creation of video production elements for the In Arena “Buzzvision” show, Hornets related televisions broadcasts, and the teams marketing campaigns.
- Creative and hands-on operating proficiency with Mac-based graphic and animation software, including Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, and After Effects.
- Previous experience with LED ribbon board and HD video graphics design.
- Hands-on familiarity and confidence with Apple Final Cut Pro editing system.
- Post-secondary education and training in a digital media productions-related field.
- Strong overall computer desktop skills, including traditional office software, Internet, and social media.
- Manage the loading, logging and organization of Control Room equipment
- Work in conjunction with Corporate Partnerships, Ticket Sales, Community Relations, Group Sales, Accounting, Basketball Operations, IT, Broadcasting and Marketing on contractual elements and obligations for Hornets home games and special events.
- Work as a crewmember of the Hornets “BuzzVision” show
- Submit weekly action plans and status updates
- Other duties as assigned
1. Minimum of 2-3 years of professional Linear and Non-Linear editing experience along with field camera and ENG shooting experience. Overall working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio and General Production Equipment (BETAcam, DVcam, Audio Equipment, etc…)
2. Bachelor’s degree in Television/Video Production, Broadcasting, Marketing or Communications recommended.
3. Excellent communications and management skills.
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
5. Use of computer (Microsoft Word & Excel), internet and cell phone essential.
6. Ability to work long, irregular hours
7. Must be capable of lifting Broadcast equipment
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you a graduate or undergraduate level college student? Y/N
2. Are you available to work long, irregular hours? Y/N
3. Do you have technical knowledge of Final Cut Studio, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects or Illustrator? Y/N
4. Do you have technical knowledge working with general production equipment? Y/N
NBA - 18 months ago