Motion Graphics Designer, Project Thunderdome
Digital First Media is looking for a creative, highly-motivated motion graphics designer to join our growing interactive team at Project Thunderdome. The ideal candidate is a news junkie who is passionate about reinventing visual storytelling for newspapers across the country. He/she will create videos that will stand-alone or be part of an interactive package. The videos will involve original programming, animation, graphics and other forms of digital media to share across our national news and features channels.
Candidates are comfortable taking a project from conception to execution individually or as part of a larger production team. They will have an excellent eye for typography, graphic design, illustration and the ability to think through the design process from a creative and strategic point of view.
The candidate should have experience with After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro X/Adobe Premiere. 3D modeling software (3ds Max or Maya) is a plus.
The position is in New York City and may involve evening and/or weekend work.
Project Thunderdome is a fast-growing initiative within Digital First Media, a newspaper group that manages a network of 75 properties across the country. Project Thunderdome is a young venture, so opportunities are abundant.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must have at least two years of motion graphics and video production
experience, preferably in a newsroom environment
- Ability to edit video for the web
- Effectively communicate concepts and ideas to channel managers and producers
- Positive, collaborative team-building skills and a strong sense of humor
- A desire to take risks and willingness to adapt to an evolving work environment
- Experience with innovative forms of interactive storytelling, live-streaming and interactive design, a plus
To apply, e-mail a cover letter, resume and three to five video clips to email@example.com
Digital First Media - 18 months ago