Assist Indirect Tax Manager in handling Noble North American entities’ US Federal, Canadian, State and Provincial motor fuel tax function, focusing initially on compliance and reporting.
- Keep track of the customer motor fuel tax licenses obtained for the tax report schedules, and the invoicing/tax determination software.
- Handle some of the tasks involved in completing the numerous monthly tax filings for transactions
- Become familiar with the various software packages used for the tax determination, tax compliance, and tax filing, as well as the software packages form which transactional data must be pulled for the tax filings.
- Progressively become responsible for the completion and payment of some motor fuel tax returns and the reconciliation of their associated tax accounts.
- Provide support in responding to motor fuel tax inquiries, including those from internal departments and those from state taxing authorities.
Key Result Areas
Compliance with tight deadlines for tax filings with accuracies
Detail oriented and analytical ability to review transactions
Continuous improvement in job skills and automation and accuracy of tax filing process systems
A qualified candidate must have a minimum of a BA degree.
- Ability to work independently.
- Develop customer oriented performance.
- Understands and responds appropriately to clients’ needs,
- Promote timely flow of information- to clients, colleagues, and management
- Explains /educates clients on systems, documentation, processes
- Seeks involvement and input from other people
- Recognizes and acknowledges other team members’ contributions
- Proactive, drives processes and tasks to achieve results
- Takes the initiative to make things happen
Ownership & Accountability
- Takes ownership of own decisions and actions – successes and mistakes
- Is reliable
- Gives timely, constructive and specific feedback
- Develops competence and knowledge in others
- Organised, methodical
- Good attention to detail
- Proficient in excel (vlookup function, pivot tables, Macros, etc.)
- One to Three years of working experience in federal and state indirect tax compliance in Oil & Gas industry is preferred. A candidate with interest in taxation and accounting will be considered.
- The company is willing to train a candidate who has desire to grow in tax profession
Noble is a market leader in managing the global supply chain of agricultural, industrial and energy products. Our "hands on" approach to...