Assist Indirect Tax Manager in handling Noble North American entities’ US Federal, Canadian , State and Provincial motor fuel tax function, focusing initially on compliance and reporting.
- Obtain from customers and provide to vendors all required motor fuel tax licenses for tax report schedules, and maintain licenses/permit numbers in invoicing/tax determination software.
- Prepare and maintain motor fuel tax compliance calendar for the filing and the payment of tax to tax authorities.
- Complete numerous monthly tax filings for transactions and improve or standardized process and software for monthly tax filings and compliance.
- Work closely with Operations and treasury to automate the tax compliance process and streamline the payment process to eliminate inaccuracies and/or delays
- Monthly reconciliation of tax accounts with such items as payables to and receivables from tax authorities and counter-parties.
- Be responsible for the compliance function and respond to internal questions on motor fuel tax compliance.
- Respond to discrepancy letters issued by the state taxing authorities.
- Fulfill the various state auditors information request and provide invoices when necessary to fulfill request.
Key Result Areas
Compliance with tight deadlines for tax filings with accuracies
Detail oriented and analytical ability to review transactions
Continuous improvement in job skills and automation and accuracy of tax filing process systems
A qualified candidate must have a minimum of a BA degree.
- Proficient in excel (vlookup function, pivot tables, Macros, etc.)
- Three to five years of working experience in federal and state indirect tax compliance in Oil & Gas industry is preferred. A candidate with interest in taxation and accounting will be considered.
- The company is willing to train a candidate who has desire to grow in tax profession
Noble Group Limited - 11 months ago