The Motor Vehicle Mechanic repairs, rebuilds, and overhauls automobiles, buses, trucks and tractors. Work involves diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required. These repairs consist of replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, grinding and adjusting valves, rebuilding carburetors, overhauling transmissions, fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Utilize military technical manuals to inspect, troubleshoot, and repair gasoline
and diesel powered equipment, towable equipment in support of all missions.
• Inspect and repair diesel power plants/packs, compression ignition fuel
systems, vehicle air cooling systems, vehicle liquid cooling systems, electrical
systems, automatic standard transmissions, transfer assemblies, hydraulic and
air brake systems, and mechanical/hydraulic steering systems.
• Provide updates on assignments to military and civilian supervisors.
• Assist the military oversight in a rapidly changing area of operations on a daily
• Provide guidance to supported units.
• Prepare equipment for issue before units and customers arrive.
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
• High School Diploma.
• Two years of verifiable motor vehicle repair experience.
• Must be able to replace motor vehicle components that consist of batteries,
lights, doors, seats, wheels, brakes, engine, transmission, suspension
components, engine assemblies, other drive train components.
• Must have or be able to obtain a variety of military mobile equipment licenses.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel,
Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must be able to climb on and off larger equipment.
• Must be able to carry and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to move objects weighing up to or over 60 lbs.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer (AAE).
Strategic Resources, Inc. - 15 months ago