Winter Park Resort is now accepting applications for full-time, summer seasonal Mountain Bike Patrollers. Outdoor Emergency Care certification training will start the first or second week of May for all of those without a current certification. Bike Patroller are primarily responsible for providing emergency medical care and transport for sick or injured guests. Other duties include identification and marking or mitigation of hazards, daily trail checks and sweeps, first aid coverage of competitive events, and the opening and closing of trails on a daily and seasonal basis. The bike patroller must be able to think critically in emergency situations, work well in both a small and large team environment, and should be familiar with the Winter Park trail system. This is a physically demanding job.
- Must have expert Mountain biking ability
- Must be able to descend any mountain trail at the resort, swiftly and safely
- Works primarily outdoors; must be ready for all types of weather
- Must be able to do heavy lifting, good balance, and ability to use basic tools, shovel, chainsaw, axe, tree trimming tools
- Must be prepared for and able to perform a protracted rescue in inclement conditions
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Current Outdoor Emergency Care preferred, but current NREMT-Basic certification may be accepted
- Must have current CPR certification
- Must be able to have a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Experience in a service industry desirable
Must own an operational mountain bike appropriate for expert-level downhill riding.
Winter Park Resort - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -