Mullticore Software Engineer-VSS000090
VSS Monitoring network packet brokers (NPB) improve the performance and efficiency of a broad range of network monitoring and security tools by providing the most advanced network-wide visibility, access and processing offload.
VSS Monitoring is a world leader in network packet brokers (NPB), providing a unique systems approach to enable network-wide and link-layer visibility, access and offload for a broad ecosystem of network monitoring and security tools. Deployed globally by Tier 1 service providers, F500 corporations and major government agencies, VSS Monitoring packet brokers improve tool usage and efficiency, simplify IT operations, and greatly enhance tool ROI. For more information, visit vssmonitoring.com
Senior Software Engineer - Multicore/Systems Group
Moving to Sunnyvale, CA n January 2013
The Senior Software Engineer will be at the forefront of architecture, design and implementation of VSS' new generation of high-performance appliances and platform. This individual will be part of a team developing very high performance packet processing capabilities to expand VSS', management and application capabilities. You will be part of, and work closely with a team of outstanding firmware, software, QA, hardware engineers.
This is a fast-paced and profitable startup with a commitment to excellence and efficiency. VSS has a growing customer base, and is expanding their product development capabilities to continue its successful growth and expansion, meet demand, and develop new capabilities for our 3th Generation product line.
You will be a key part of the development team and work closely with QA, and Software Teams.
- Development of software for real-time network applications including network data monitoring and management, advanced system architectures and packet processing functionality.
- Design and functional specifications of software for very high-performance packet search and inspection.
- Collaborate with QA, Hardware, Firmware, Manufacturing and other software developers.
Requirements and Experience:
- BS or MS (Preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related discipline.
- 8+ years successfully developing very high-performance, highly reliable network systems.
- Proficiency in C/C++ in a real time embedded environment preferably Linux or other RTOS.
- Strong experience in platform software, device drivers, linux kernel, and board bringup.
- Strong domain knowledge of network architecture, including wireline and wireless, LTE networks and SONET networks a plus.
- Experience with JTAG degugging.
Danaher Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets professional, medical, industrial, and consumer products, which all generate approximately $13 Billon in revenue. Danaher’s business activities encompass four reporting segments and are comprised of six strategic platforms: Medical Technologies, Professional Instrumentation (Environmental, Electronic Test), Industrial Technologies (Motion, Product ID, and Focused Niche Businesses) and Tools & Components (Mechanic’s Hand Tools). Danaher operates globally with about 50% of its revenues derived from outside the United States. The Company has significant operating businesses headquartered in Europe and has greatly expanded its operating presence in Asia over the past several years. Danaher is a well-capitalized business, which has historically used available cash flow to fund acquisition activity. Culturally, the company operates in a highly de-centralized model with an extremely lean corporate structure. Danaher has a proven system for achieving performance: the Danaher Business System (DBS). It drives every aspect of the group’s culture and performance. DBS is a system of continuous improvement and is used to guide and measure everyday activities, which has enabled it to double in size about every 5-years with impressive results.
Organization: VSS Monitoring
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale