LOCATION: College Station
Performs diagnostic quality imaging exams in multiple modality specific areas to aid in the delivery of patient care.
Directly reports to: Director of Radiology and/or Imaging Manager or Team Leader as assigned within S&W.
COMPLETES QUALITY IMAGING EXAMS TO AID IN THE DELIVERY OF PATIENT CARE.
* Completes each exam in a timely manner so as to ensure an effective report turnaround time.
* Consistently achieves optimum positioning for producing quality patient images.
* Practices accepted techniques for technical performance to include: technique selection, following all established procedural protocols, demonstrating correct anatomy as ordered.
* Ensures that all produced exams are labeled accurately and legibly and that any technical problems are noticed and immediately corrected.
* Maintains appropriate documentation regarding each patient and scan in accordance with established procedures.
* Meets the expectations and requirements of the Radiologist for diagnostic evaluations by properly applying technical factors consistent with modality protocols.
* Communicates in a timely manner any relevant and special instructions regarding a patient to the Radiologist.
ENHANCES QUALITY CARE AND PATIENT SATISFACTION.
* Models the behaviors that ensure customer satisfaction to include but not limited to: practicing AIDET, limiting wait times, providing courteous service, & remaining professional.
* Delivers the best in customer service; is more than pleasant. Applies dedicated, steadfast, and appreciable effort toward activities that improve the patient experience.
* Evaluates and screens patient for contraindications for exams, contrast and medications according to established modality specific protocol.
* Explains procedures effectively and clearly to patient in a professional and courteous manner before beginning study.
* Obtains and documents relevant patient history before beginning procedure.
* Safeguards patient's personal property.
DEMONSTRATES ACCOUNTABILITY, INITIATIVE, AND TEAMWORK.
* Exercises initiative to fully accomplish tasks and aids with future planning initiatives of group and individual activities as directed.
* Applies teamwork as a key component to achieving departmental and individual success.
* Individually identifies tasks requiring attention or completion and applies appropriate corrective measures within reasonable time frame.(I.e. not leaving work for others or expecting someone else to shoulder the burden).
* Utilizes experience and tenure to participate in the development of personal, staff, and patient care operational environments.
* Seeks and accepts additional responsibility, training, and education beyond general technologist applications or that which is directed by hospital and/or department leadership.
* Independently performs tasks without the routine need for Radiologist involvement or management control; utilizes personal initiative in the absence of direct supervision.
* Communicates effectively and demonstrates the routine understanding of physician and leadership expectations.
* Applies appropriate attention to detail when utilizing every facet of training and experience in all licensed work activities.
ASSISTS IN THE MAINTENANCE OF MEDICAL IMAGING RECORDS.
* Archives all completed exams in a timely manner to PACS to ensure effective report turnaround times.
* Manages the images on the hard drive as recommended by the manufacturer to ensure consistent efficient equipment operations.
ASSISTS IN THE MAINTENANCE OF A CLEAN, ORDERLY AND SERVICEABLE
* Performs routine quality control checks on modality equipment, and troubleshoots or calls for service as necessary.
* Assists with the routine upkeep and cleanliness of area and notifies housekeeping of spills, contamination, etc. when necessary and in a timely manner.
* Replaces depleted supplies, including linens, contrast media, forms and tapes, and in a timely manner.
FULFILLS CONTINUING EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
AND MAINTAINS TECHNICAL EXPERTISE.
* Takes responsibility to understand, complete and maintain the professional and technical licensures/certifications required of the position and furnishes Scott & White with the necessary documentation to substantiate compliance.
* Seeks continuous education toward modality based technologist applications of image production and rendering.
* Operates at the top of technical licensed ability.
* Ensures personal work activities adhere to all Federal, State, Organization, Department, and Section implemented policies, procedures, and regulations governing any medical activities within the scope of control. This includes but is not limited to all Joint Commission, and private agency recommendations recognized and followed by S&W under general applications and those specific to the section assigned within the Department of Radiology.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A
COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Graduate of an accredited or AMA approved program in Radiologic Technology
* Assist in call coverage for multiple modalities
* Work at least 25% of time in secondary modality
* Minimum one year experience in the modalities to which assigned
* Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology as an RT (R) required
* Secondary registry required for additional modalities assigned (e.g. ARRT (CT), ARRT (MR), CNMT, RDMS)
* Licensed by the State of Texas as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT)
Grad of an Accredited Program
Am Reg Diagnostic Med Sonograp
ARRT-Magnetic Res Imaging
TX Medical Radiologic Tech
NMTCB or ARDMSorARRT-CTorMRorM
Nuc Med Technology Cert Board
Scott & White
- 21 months ago - save job