We are seeking a Multi-Skilled Technician to join our team of dedicated professionals as we continue our mission of improving the health of the communities we serve.
This position, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, is responsible for providing patient care, in an atmosphere sensitive to each person’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. The Multi-Skilled Technician will function within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Organization.
Other responsibilities include:
- Performs EKG and phlebotomy as delegated by Staff RN
- Obtains v ital signs, HT, Wt and I&O
- Assists with a ctivities of daily living for example: bathing, toileting, ambulating, feeding, etc.)
- Responds to patient needs, requests in a timely manner
- Skin Care (stage I & II)
- Records all gathered data
- Documents patient data accurately and completely
- Practices proper patient identification procedures
- Transports patients appropriately
- Performs waived testing per policy
- Accurately collects, labels, and transports specimens
- Technology - Utilizes appropriately and demonstrates continuous learning
- Accurately communicates pertinent information to appropriate team members in a timely manner.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately
High school graduate preferred. Previous patient care experience and/or technical education in health-related field preferred.
Other qualifications include:
- Effective Communication Skills
- Successful completion of an approved course(s) in phlebotomy and EKG preferred.
- Successful completion and maintenance of BLS healthcare provider training required.
About Mount Carmel
Serving more than a million patients each year, Mount Carmel is the preferred healthcare provider in central Ohio . Our more than 8,500 employees and 1,500 physicians utilize state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technologies and the latest procedures to accomplish our mission of healing patients’ minds, bodies and spirits, and improving the health of the communities we serve.
- 23 months ago - save job