Under general supervision, the Multimedia Designer is responsible for the creation and development of moderately complex multimedia communications using various communication methods that include but aren’t limited to: Flash animation, websites/microsites, electronic direct mail (eMarketing), presentations, and banner ads and print (brochures, direct mail, kits, etc). The position requires strong knowledge of fundamental design principles, text layout, current design trends and incorporates industry “good practice” methods.
Must have strong design and technical skills, pay close attention to detail, and be able to provide creative execution. Must be able to take original concepts through to completion across various communication mediums (i.e. print to animation sequences). A Multimedia Designer must operate well and within time constraints and multi-task between projects in a fast-paced environment. He/she will be adept at giving constructive feedback to team members and be able to prepare, present and explain ideas behind storyboards, thumbnail sketches, rough drafts etc., to get visual concepts across to stakeholders. The Multimedia Designer will also handle production requirements and specifications for all managed projects.
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design or related discipline
- Minimum of three to four years of experience directly related to listed key responsibilities.
- Strong u
nderstanding of fundamental graphic design principles, with a focus on typography and layout
- Ability to conceptualize ideas and execute visuals using various software
- Ability to interpret communication needs, and establish each individual project’s communication objective in order to provide meaningful and purposeful visuals.
- Ability to provide accurate project timelines and estimates and demonstration of superior project management/organizational skills.
- Participate in project collaboration efforts to ensure feedback from a variety of sources is properly implemented through applying exceptional listening/communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to any technology constraints that arise.
- Understanding and knowledge of web programming, animation techniques, electronic illustration, multi-page document layout, presentation graphics, promotional packaging, and other production techniques
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the Adobe Creative Suite software required for position including, but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, Soundbooth, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate to advanced skills in HTML and CSS. Working knowledge of Actionscript. Must be proficient with graphic presentation techniques using these appropriate software applications.
- Beginner to intermediate level of proficiency with video editing.
- Familiarity with content management systems and ability to manage graphics accurately in a CMS environment.
- Proficiency in Mac OS environment
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Knowledge of available external graphic design, printing, publication, and associated resources. Able to utilize a wide variety of graphics production equipment, web tools and supplies including desktop publishing/graphics software.
- Ability to research the topic of each project thoroughly in order to effectively capture full business requirements necessary to communicate ideas accurately and creatively with the correct pairing of web graphic and/or print deliverables.
- Ability to set up metrics tracking campaigns using tools such as HBX or Webtrends and proficiency in defining success criteria.
- Ability to analyze the cost-effectiveness of multimedia design solutions and utilize his/her creative ability within the budget limitations of each project
- Keep skills sharp and current and attend any training necessary as technology evolves.
- Ability to supervise and provide technical advice to other less experienced Web Graphic Designer
Allstate Corporate - 15 months ago
Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted in...