The Naples Daily News, a medium-sized metro daily with new plant and state of the art facility, seeks a skilled general assignment reporter with at least 3 years of experience. Focus will be on breaking news, watchdog journalism and enterprise. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable tackling general assignment, breaking news and investigative journalism. A level of photo/video ability would be a bonus as the newspaper increasingly will be emphasizing distribution of its journalism across multiple platforms. Our audience is growing. Print circulation during winter season flirts with 100,000 and our web site attracts more than 1 million unique users a month.
Job-specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Write articles, take photographs or shoot video (or a combination thereof) as necessary to tell the story or as assigned by a supervising editor.
• Maintain a close working relationship with potential news sources.
• Be on alert at all times for breaking news and stay abreast of local news developments, to generate story ideas and plan coverage effectively.
• Generate stories on multiple platforms
• Strive to maintain diversity of coverage, to give voice to all aspects of the community, not necessarily the most vocal or most prominent.
The reporter ensures fairness in coverage, sensitivity to community expectations and balanced content. Adheres to all E.W. Scripps and local company policies, procedures and Code of Ethics.
Please post interest and URL (or links) to work samples at www.scripps.com/careers .
E. W. Scripps Company - 19 months ago