SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Multimedia Specialist is responsible for executing
integrated marketing communication and visual strategy.
This position provides professional graphic, multimedia,
and photographic services to produce materials
integrated across a variety of media including print,
photography, web, multi-media, tablets or other new
media. The position will work as part of an integrated
marketing team to help build on content/creative in
order to drive the company’s messaging and initiatives
forward via digital/virtual mediums (and potentially via
the back end). The multimedia specialist will assist the
Marketing Communications team with the day-to-day
digital-based design output for internal and external
needs, as well as for promoting conformity with AMRI
brand and style guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Coordinate with and assist the Marketing VP
Communications and Marketing Specialist, Graphic
Designer and Admin/Tradeshow Coordinator
1. Support the digital/virtual marketing efforts of
AMRI’s internal/external marketing teams.
1. Manage, coordinate and develop Electronic media
(e.g. video, webinars, html email blasts).
1. Support on-site/event-based multimedia initiatives
(e.g. video or photography at tradeshows, employee
meetings, other events, videotaping of interviews
and press conferences/etc.).
1. Develop and/or build Podcast-related or
Webinar-related capabilities in-house from a
technical standpoint, in coordination with the rest
of the Marketing Communications team.
2. Optimize SEO and related research/reporting.
3. Coordinate with AMRI’s internal/external marketing
teams to optimize our presence in the mobile world
(an understanding of how Apps work and how to best
optimize our blasts and Website for
mobile/Blackberries/IPhones, Tablets, etc.).
4. An understanding of Social Media from a technical
standpoint (e.g. how is Social Media evolving and
what are the digital tricks/shortcuts that can be
used to drive our message across platforms of the
social media space and the Web space in general).
5. Ongoing development and production (optimization)
of animations and motion graphics for Website and/or
6. Web Content Coding and Management, as needed.
7. Team-oriented individual.
8. Assist with special projects as needed.
9. Participate in self-development activities and
training of others, related to digital/multimedia
1. Recommend and implement methods to increase the
quality of digital and/or multimedia projects.
1. Provide technical and creative support as needed to
other operating divisions of AMRI.
1. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
Education and/or Experience
field and 3+ years relevant work experience, or
- Bachelor’s degree in digital/graphic-arts-related
comparable combination of education and experience
(InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash,
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite CS4 or CS5,
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Outlook,
- Experience and familiarity with the MS OFFICE Suite,
and 3D design knowledge a plus
- Experience in digital online layout and implementation
- Experience in pre-press / print production
- Animation skills in Adobe, knowledge of ActionScript,
- Electronic portfolio required
- Digital design and digital production experience
- Familiar with creating dynamic motion graphics
- Knowledge of Web graphics and technologies, including
Contact, etc.) for assisting/optimizing Marketing
- Knowledge of direct marketing software (e.g. Constant
Communications’ efforts, as needed.
AMRI - 23 months ago