Bleacher Report, one of the five largest online sports networks in the U.S., is seeking an Associate Editor to help drive idea generation and manage staff for College Basketball, Boxing, Golf, Tennis and NASCAR. The candidate will be responsible for helping to oversee the expansion of coverage of each of these sports within the B/r platform. Previous editorial experience and a diverse knowledge base is required. A passion for sports, supreme organizational skills and the desire to learn on the job is also vital.
- Editorial Experience in Sports
- Technically saavy and experience managing spreadsheets and Google Documents
- Familiar with sports sources, social media and information gathering
- Commitment to staying on top of storylines and narratives throughout sports
- Excellent communication skills while working within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to coordinate with fellow staffers on a regular basis
- Availability to respond to breaking news and handle heavy workload during major events
- Comfortable working remotely and communicating via phone, gchat and email
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Start Date/Application Deadline:
- One-year contract, with monthly stipend and opportunity for extension.
- Candidate will be considered for full-time employment opportunities at Bleacher Report.
If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Bleacher Report hires the candidate.
- Apply now. Candidates must have ability to start by Feb 15 at latest. Qualified applicants will be contacted.
- Bleacher Report is not accepting resumes or referrals from agencies.
Bleacher Report - 15 months ago
Now here's a TV company that really knows how to network. Turner Broadcasting System (TBS) is a leading operator of cable TV networks....