Garver’s Transportation Team seeks to add a Municipal Business Team Leader in our Frisco office. We are looking for a client-focused engineering leader who will be dedicated in providing quality service and cultivating client relationships while managing a diverse project team.
With a dedicated transportation team of over 80 staff, Garver allows our Business Team Leaders to give a “small-firm” approach to our clients, supported by the industry-leading resources of a large, regional staff. Garver’s combination of local presence, regional expertise and capacity has been the differentiator between Garver’s service and our competitors, making Garver the engineer of choice.
Core responsibilities of this role would be to:
- Develop and implement a business plan to secure a municipal transportation portfolio in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area
- Recruit, develop, mentor, and oversee a highly motivated team
- Develop, capture, and maintain sufficient workload for the team
- Provide first-class client service management
- Be accountable for business development and portfolio growth of municipal clients
Qualified candidates must have the following capabilities and the ability to perform the following routine functions:
- Must be able to market, develop, plan and manage municipal engineering projects with full technical responsibility.
- Must provide leadership in obtaining and developing new key clients through understanding the business advantages of leveraging potential with existing clients and cross-selling opportunities.
- Must be able to assist with the development of marketing proposals and presentations, as well as represent the firm in developing prospective clients.
- Must have the ability to develop and manage scope, budget, and schedules for a team of project engineers, design engineers, and CAD Technicians in the development of engineering reports, detailed construction plans and specifications for municipal transportation projects, including developing written engineering service contract scope and fee proposals.
- Must be able to build, supervise and mentor a motivated and diverse team.
- Must successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on budget.
The Garver Transportation Team prides itself on being innovative and progressive while preserving a rich tradition of quality design. We focus on creating cost-effective designs for long-term operational efficiency while maintaining community and environmental responsibility. Recent recognition for Garver’s outstanding work includes: 2013 Engineering Excellence Honor Award in Transportation, American Council of Engineering Companies of Oklahoma, 2013 Top 500 Design Firms Nationwide , Engineering News-Record, Listed for the 27th Time, and 2013 Top 25 Road and Highway Design Firm , Roads & Bridges Magazine Go-To List.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Registered as a Texas Professional Engineer
- 15 or more years of increasingly-responsible experience with managing, mentoring and growing a profitable business portfolio and staff
- Strong communication and management skills
- Strong technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and contextually
- Microstation, InRoads and/or software knowledge
- Knowledge of local and state government road and street design issues
- Experience in marketing of municipal and county projects with associated project management
- Master’s of civil engineering
Garver - 4 months ago