- Develop strong and long-term relationships with buy-side clients by understanding their investment style and needs.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of our new issue products. Coordinate with underwriter to solicit orders that maximize our pricing strategy.
- Effectively represent our inventory items to clients. Relate customer inquiry to trading desk and fellow salesmen. Query clients for bond sale opportunities that correspond to other salesmen’s needs. Attend and contribute at sales meetings.
- Participate in other projects as requested by management
- Three to five years institutional bond sales experience from a top brokerage firm.
- Five to ten years work experience
- Bachelor degree, MBA preferred
- Series 7 and 63 licenses
- Strong marketing, business development and selling skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Thorough knowledge of product marketing, client service issues and organizational operations
- In depth knowledge of the bond markets
William Blair & Company, L.L.C. is a Chicago-based investment firm offering investment banking, asset management, equity research,...