Part-time position, 20 hours per week dependent upon operations.
Under direct supervision of the Museum Curator or Museum Associate, the Museum Assistant p erforms a wide variety of administrative and clerical duties to help ensure the ongoing operation of the museum facilities and grounds, including providing regional and local historic information to public; assisting in regional and local historic research; organizing and inventory of historic artifacts and conducting educational tours of museum.
- History, material culture, and artifacts sufficient to be able to perform research on collection materials;
- Standard of customer service delivery practices and procedures sufficient to be able to process various types of in person/phone contacts associated with customer service duties;
- Phone systems, radio systems, computers, and electronic data processing;
- C a sh register operation, dealing with money, receipts and deposits;
- General custodian procedures;
- General office procedures sufficient to be able to ensure proper operation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education : High School or G.E.D.
Experience : Less than six (6) months
Possession of the appropriate CO operator’s license for the type of City owned vehicle which the employee may operate in the scope of employment
The City of Sterling provides this sales tax online application for your convenience. It is protected with a secure socket layer (SSL)...