This position will be physically located at CNSE’s Children's Museum of Science and Technology in Troy, NY. The duties of the museum summer camp educator include, but are not limited to:
- Teach summer camp programs.
- Programs run June 1, 2013 - August 30, 2013.
- Hours are 8:15am – 4:15pm Monday – Friday.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of camp education programs, event and activities that educate and excite children in the learning process.
- Greet and welcome all museum visitors
- Ensure that all museum rules and procedures are being followed, including emergency procedures.
- Provide a valuable educational experience for museum visitors
- Maintaining clean and orderly classrooms and museum exhibit areas.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience with demonstrated results in education and or museum related work.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional quality service to external and internal customers.
- Physical environment is moderately paced and requires sitting for sustained periods of time, lifting to 50 pounds and fi
ring associated with typical office tasks such as typing.
Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background investigation; this position may require annual background investigations.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering - 23 months ago