Musicians Institute is a contemporary school of music located in Hollywood California. We prepare our students for careers in the music industry as recording artists, performers, sound engineers, promoters and managers. Our students arrive with a passion for music and leave with the practical knowledge, technical skills and hands-on experience that it takes to transform their aspirations into careers.
The Music Business Program Chair role serves as a bridge between Senior Education Management and their respective discipline’s faculty and students, the chair role serves a dual purpose:
1. To be the institution’s lead advocate for the discipline (on the Counsel of Chairs)
2. To carry out chair-level functions of institution-wide initiatives (both faculty and student-facing) under the direction of his/her supervisor and the directives of Senior Education Management
The chair will work within the institution’s fast-paced, challenging, multi-cultural and creative environment, in the execution of the following core responsibilities:
- Performing all Chair duties (and assigned tasks that may arise) promptly and efficiently, while keeping in continual communication with supervisor at all times
- Maintaining constant contact with faculty members in order to ensure open communication and up-to-date knowledge of any changes in status and/or policy
- Completing all relevant paperwork in a timely manner including (but not limited to) payroll, personal action forms, disciplinary action reports, etc.
- Bringing forth a unique outside knowledge of the industry at hand and participating in actively seeking out fresh ideas, guests, and technologies related to the company
- Ensuring all curriculum is up-to-date, relevant, and error free by continually checking and revising (if necessary) all material to suit the needs of the school
- Keeping in check with all policies put forth by both the institute itself and any additional governing bodies (BBPE, school accreditors, etc.)
- Overseeing all aspects of current and prospective student interaction and management within the program including (but not limited to) issue resolution, policy clarification, counseling, mentorship, scholarship awards, etc. in order to ensure student academic satisfaction
Level of Education
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in discipline-relevant/applicable field of study required (master’s/doctorate preferred).
Level of Experience
- Five+ years of experience in leadership roles in educational institutions,music industry companies, or equivalent practical experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Office equipment including, but not limited to: computer (both MAC and PC), phone, fax, copier, and calculator
- Software, including: Mac, iOS and PC operating systems, MS Office Suite 2011, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Google Calendar, Google Drive and Reader, Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) and musical notation programs such as (but not limited to): Pro Tools, Logic, and Sibelius.
Depending on experience.
Indeed - 8 months ago