Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2011-2012 school year, 23 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 40,000 students from across the U.S. The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Working as a contractor from home, the Music Content Editor will be part of curriculum development projects to be implemented in the 2013–2014 school year. The Music Content Editor is responsible for reviewing course outlines, lesson plans, and scripts for online K-12 courses in music. Effective communication with the Project Specialists and other curriculum and instruction team members is essential. Candidates with experience in teaching and content development in the area of Music/Performing Arts are encouraged to apply.
• Review course outlines to ensure alignment to national music standards;
• Review lessons, for alignment to national standards;
• Review design and development of innovative instructional strategies to teach concepts and skills;
• Content edit scripts for online tutorials;
• Collaborate with the curriculum development and editorial teams to develop a comprehensive and consistent academic program;
• Review interactive/online courses according to predetermined criteria in an online/Web-based format; and
• Other duties as assigned.
These contractual positions are temporary and are usually paid per piece. These positions will be home-based and may be part-time or full-time
• Master’s degree in Music or Music Education. Degree in education or equivalent content area expertise in one of the disciplines listed above
• Experience teaching and delivering instructional material
• Content development experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to positively receive constructive feedback in order to improve the quality of work
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to follow through
• Ability to follow explicit instructions consistently, but also able to exercise good judgment when making work-related decisions
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite
- 24 months ago - save job