The Grant Park Orchestral Association in Chicago, Illinois seeks a part-time Music Library Assistant at the Grant Park Music Festival (GPMF) for the 2013 Season. This position reports to the Music Librarian.
- Assist with the daily preparation of music for Grant Park Music Festival concerts and rehearsals
- Assist with the bowing and editing of orchestral parts
- Assist with the assembly, distribution and collection of all rehearsal and performance parts and folders
- Assist with the cataloguing and filing of music and parts
- Assist with the maintenance and updating of the music library database
- Assist with the collection, removal of all markings, repair, bundling, and shipping of all rental parts
- $9.00/hour; this position is non-exempt. Nights and weekends are required.
- Position Start Date: May 13, 2013
Each summer, the Grant Park Music Festival presents 10 weeks of concerts rich in both traditional classical fare and rarely heard orchestral and choral pieces, free to all of Chicago in Millennium Park’s exquisite Jay Pritzker Pavilion. Conceived in 1935 as a way to bolster Chicagoans during the Great Depression, GPMF now presents its classical music concert series to approximately 340,000 visitors annually. Another 1 million listeners enjoy the concerts via radio broadcast. The Grant Park Orchestral Association is governed by a 26-member Board of Directors and has a 2013 operating budget of $5.1 million.
For more information on the Grant Park Music Festival, please visit our website: gpmf.org.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
MINIMUM CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Three years or more of college-level education completed and/or two years of professional experience in related field
- Ability to work professionally and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of classical music repertoire
- Excellent communication skills; excellent computer skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs