Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is seeking a Music Therapist to join our team of professionals. We make a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care.
The Music Therapist performs as a member of the hospice interdisciplinary team, the Music Therapist provides music therapy consultations and services to the patient and/or family in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care while following all hospice policies and procedures. Supports the business development activities of the organization. Music Therapists provide bereavement counseling to family members as identified.
1. Completes the music therapy assessment with patient and family when referred in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care.
2. Plans the music therapy interventions.
3. Implements the music therapy interventions in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care.
4. Guides the patient in the use of creative therapeutic activities for the purpose of improving or maintaining mental and physical function and quality of life.
5. Instructs other care team members including, when appropriate, hospice aides and family members in the use of music to achieve individualized care plan goals.
6. Evaluates the effectiveness of music therapy services with the patient.
7. Documents all services provided to hospice patients and families in the clinical record.
8. Terminates therapy services when appropriate..
9. Provides in-services to staff, hospitals, nursing homes, and other facilities as requested and determined appropriate by therapist.
10. Participates in the on-call schedule as required.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Music with a concentration in Music Therapy and/or Music Therapy.
2. Board Certified as a Music Therapist by the Certification Board for Music Therapy.
3. Hospice and Palliative Care Music Therapist preferred.
4. Previous experience with terminally ill patients/families is highly desirable.
5. Must have reliable automobile, valid driver’s license and the minimum state required liability auto insurance.
6. Demonstrates commitment to the Seasons Hospice philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organization culture.
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care - 2 years ago
Entrada Management Services Inc
San Antonio, TX
- 30 days ago