MLB NETWORK JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Music & Media Clearances Specialist
POSITION REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Music & Media Clearances
POSITION SUMMARY: MLB Network seeks a Music & Media Clearances Specialist with strong knowledge of music, footage, image and other media licensing. Music & Media Clearances Administrator/Specialist will participate in ensuring that all media content and products, whether licensed, library, stock or original are cleared for air.
- Assist in monitoring the underlying rights clearance process from inception through completion.
- Develops and proposes alternatives solution when rights cannot be secured.
- Assists in compiling and delivering music cue sheets for all MLBN programming.
- Research emerging artists/ songs for placement within MLBN programming.
- Maintains rights and clearances databases and ensures media content and products are noted with proper copyright information and contract terms.
- Maintain communication and personal relationships with record labels, music publishers, managers, etc. to keep abreast of new music licensing opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3 years work experience at a Television, Film, Licensing or Media Company.
- Experience and understanding of music licensing is required.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously under strict deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Be extremely well organized, self-motivated and demonstrate initiative and an ability to complete assignments in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals and groups both internally and externally.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess strong research and negotiating skills as well as problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Major League Baseball
- 2 years ago - save job
It may be the national pastime, but Major League Baseball (MLB) is also a big business. MLB oversees the game of professional baseball in...