Duties & Responsibilities:
(Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
- Works directly under the Central High School Theatre Director
- Will help cast the show with the technical director and music director
- Will take 50% of the rehearsals and work directly with the actors on musical numbers
- Although the technical director will block the productions, the book director will collaborate with Technical Director and Music Director and work with actors both on and off stage.
- Must have a good understanding of music and be able read a score
- Playing of the piano is preferred and may be asked to play in the pit during the show
- Preferred dancing background
- Attend parent meetings
- Must attend all productions including the entire week leading up to the production .
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV
Special Qualification Desired:
(Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
1. Experience or education related to working with high school students..
2. Able to be mobile continuously during working hours.
3. Background and experience in Musicals, choirs, orchestra