Percona makes MySQL more valuable to customers and the community. Our MySQL Consulting, Support, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services as well as open source MySQL software help people achieve breakthrough results with MySQL.
Our MySQL Consulting and Support teams are in a class of their own. Our expertise is visible in our widely read MySQL Performance blog and our book High Performance MySQL. We also create and maintain the oldest independent version of the MySQL database server (Percona Server), the only open-source hot backup solution for MySQL (Percona XtraBackup), and many more uniquely valuable software tools such as Percona Toolkit for MySQL users.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can dream up and throw at you. Work from home, with some required travel. Great benefits, flexible hours, and a chance to be part of a company that's changing the industry.
Percona is the oldest and largest independent MySQL support and consulting company with a global, 24x7 staff of nearly 100 serving more than 2,000 customers in 50+ countries since 2006.
This position reports to a regional Director of Consulting. You will work remotely; there is no central office, and most people work from their homes. Some travel will be required, both for onsite projects and internal meetings. Access to a reliable high-speed Internet connection is required. This position is for the US timezone, and the consultant must be able to work full-time during US business hours.
- Polite, friendly and professional; this position requires significant customer interaction.
- Expert knowledge of MySQL and InnoDB internals.
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems administration, including expertise on filesystems, hardware, and networking.
- Proficiency with gdb, strace, tcpdump, iostat, oprofile and other systems tools.
- Expert knowledge of LAMP technologies such as Apache, Memcached, and other popular F/OSS server software.
- Proficiency with Maatkit, MMM, and other supporting software suites.
- General programming and scripting abilities.
- Proven success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, IRC and voice calls are the only interaction with clients, colleagues and managers on a daily basis.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Blogging and conference presentations will be a regular requirement of this position.
- MySQL DBA, MySQL Developer and MySQL Cluster Certifications.
- Expert in transaction processing systems.
- Supplemental MySQL technologies: XtraDB, Xtra-Backup, NDB Cluster, third-party storage engines and appliances, etc.
- Technologies such as LVS, Nginx, Sphinx, and load balancers.
- Expert knowledge of MySQL HA Solutions.
- Other operating systems such Windows, FreeBSD and Solaris.
- Amazon’s cloud offerings.
- Programming languages and platforms, especially frameworks such as Java - Hibernate, Ruby On Rails and Django.
- Expert knowledge of other RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres, MS SQL Server, Drizzle)
- Experience with Galera / XtraDB Cluster.
Percona - 17 months ago