Job Responsibilities/The Role/The Job
The work for this position includes planning, testing, prototyping and benchmarking changes to MySQL replication
clusters to enable an online datacenter move. The person in this role will be considered and expert in MySQL
replication by their peers and have very deep experience in fault-tolerant, high-availability MySQL-based systems.
A good candidate will have very good communication and listening skills to work effectively with application developers
to understand limitations and constraints that shape the datacenter move problem. Additional responsibilities
include updating DB and shard management scripts (Bash / Python) and routine DBA tasks like alters, backups,
DDL and performance review. Requirements: 4+ years MySQL DBA (this must be mostly InnoDB-based experience),
2+ years leading MySQL operations on Linux for a large product or a company.
Must have experience with Percona XtraDB. Must have good shell scripting / programming skills. Desired: Percona XtraBackup.
1. Routine DBA tasks like alters, backups, DDL and performance review.
2. Production support experience in a large scale production MySQL infrastructure (24 x 7 environment)
3. 4+ years MySQL DBA (this must be mostly InnoDB-based experience)
4. Coding experience in Bash / Python
5. Must have experience with Percona XtraDB
6. MySQL Installation/Upgrade/Migration
Ab Ovo, Inc. - 10 months ago