Rearden Commerce , creator of the Deem™ commerce platform, is transforming commerce on behalf of buyers and sellers. Through a suite of interoperable smart applications, the Deem platform is designed to leverage big data, analytics and semantics technology to optimize the exchange of goods, services, and information with personalization and repeat value to drive customer loyalty. Deem is distributed globally by more than 40 strategic partners including American Express and JPMorgan Chase — connecting millions of consumers and over 35,000 business customers across every market segment to more than 1.2 million merchants. Rearden Commerce is headquartered in Foster City, California.
The Deem commerce platform is designed to connect buyers and sellers via Absolute Relevance™ technology. Deem leverages big data, social collaboration, game-mechanics, semantics and advanced machine learning to optimize the exchange of goods, services and information between buyers and sellers, resulting in the web's most personalized one-to-one marketplace.
The DBA will be responsible for working with a diverse multi-faceted team that supports a multi-platform databases environment. This individual must possess general experience in production support and engineering of database infrastructure. The ideal candidate for this position must possess production operational experience in the management of multiple databases. This individual is responsible to for achieving an efficient technical infrastructure, which includes appropriate tools to support production operations and will be a key contributor to a small team of highly talented professionals who are responsible for managing databases across a global enterprise.
- Develop and support MySQL databases
- Develop and support replication of MySQL databases
- Monitor and optimize MySQL database performance and capacity planning
- Troubleshoot database issues, maintain database systems availability and scalability
- Develop and optimize database design for new applications
- Developing and maintaining jobs for monitoring and reporting various aspects of system performance, resource utilization, and application usage
- Developing and maintaining system and process documentation
- Advising software developers on best practices for improving performance, scalability and operational manageability of production databases
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting complex MySQL database and application issues
- Ensures creation of runbooks for Network Operations Center
- Enforce adherence to standards, policies, and procedures for managing databases
- Subject Matter Expert MySQL Infrastructure
- Builds a network of strong, collaborative relationships
- Challenges established ways of doing things to improve the organization's capabilities around commitments, actions and results
- Implement / manage Database User Security standards
- Experience implementing data warehouse using MySQL is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle is a PLUS
- Experience with Cassandra is nice to have
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in MIS/IT, business administration, or related discipline
- 4 years of experience as a DBA or equivalent for MySQL
- 3 years tuning MySQL databases
- Demonstrated experience with MySQL database design, implementation, performance tuning, and capacity planning
- Managing large scale database system is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with Open Source/Linux development and production environment
- Working knowledge of operating system internals (Shell scripting, monitoring, debugging) in Linux environments is required
- Must be competent with converting logical data models into high performance physical designs
- Participation in large projects/deployments that require understanding of software development life cycle
- Experience working with database and system maintenance procedures