The Logistics Operations Manager is responsible for managing and improving the overall operational performance for all logistics operational activities in North America. The individual will be responsible for managing logistics activities, operations, execution, driving to lowest operational costs, implementing new suppliers per Corporate Logistics, and monitoring and improving supplier performance across all mode types. The individual will drive best practices and standard practices across the FPD plants in correspondence to Corporate Logistics standards and policies.
• Responsible for the operational aspects of FPD
Logistics across all modes, external warehouses, terminals and transloads including truck, rail, marine, barge and air logistics planning
• Coordinates logistics assets including Rail fleet and Private Fleet
• Develops and maintains logistics management procedures and workflows.
• Produces and distributes monthly logistics performance metrics used for continuous improvement of costs and performance.
• Ensures tracing, expediting, complaints, claim investigation and performance measures for suppliers are completed
• Manages the optimal fleet sizing for rail and barge based on future business demands.
• Promotes safe operations and compliance to distribution regulations.
• Insures integration of logistics functions with other divisions.
• Acts as the Logistics liaison between business and corporate logistics.
• Manages the freight invoice parked report.
Business & Operations Partnership
• Leads quarterly supplier performance meetings with Vendors and Corporate Logistics.
• Participates in supply meetings and S&OP meetings with a focus on logistics performance metrics, cost performance and mode supply shortfalls.
• Provides monthly logistics reports and delivers presentations to key business and operations teams
• Facilitates regional logistics meetings with plant logistics teams.
• Partners with the commercial, customer service and operations planning teams to manage logistics support.
Data and Systems Management
• Generates, updates and publishes metrics and KPI’s such as OTIF and Non-Optimal Freight.
• Identifies exceptions, such as high cost lanes, accessorial or modes.
• Manages special projects and data analysis for the business with the Supply Chain Team.
• Trains team members to provide back-up support in the incumbent’s absence.
Strategic Focus & Direction:
Seeks challenges and works to resolve difficult situations
Trust & Teamwork:
Exhibits skills in participative and collaborative decision-making process
Influences conflict resolution in a manner that is beneficial to the organization
Seeks and embraces change by challenging the status quo
Fosters an environment that leads to creativity, innovation and change in a business unit or function
Achieves Business Results:
Demonstrates resourcefulness and persistence during times of adversity
Influence others to bring about change
Strong change management skills
• Experience in multiple logistical modes.
• Functional background in logistics/supply chain.
• Strong communication skills both orally and in writing, internal and external to the company.
• Strong management of change skills and experience
• Ability to effectively manage conflict
• Demonstrated ability to lead through influence
• Working knowledge of SAP.
• Experience with chemical industry products and services including Hazardous Materials shipping.
• Third Party Logistics (3PL) or transportation carrier experience preferred but not required
• Familiar with regulatory compliance
• Must be able to travel 25% of the time
BS degree preferably in Logistics, Supply chain, or Operations
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through momentive.com, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently a Momentive employee, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Percent of Travel
momentive - 23 months ago