The successful candidate will have:
- Transmission grid based electricity market modeling and simulation experience for the eastern interconnect, ERCOT and/or WSPP
- Ability to calibrate models with real market forecast
- Experience in short term and long term load forecasting
- Extensive knowledge of power data sources, and how to integrate them into ST & LT models, including Energy Velocity, IIR, Genscape, etc.
- Demonstrate participation in ISO committee meetings insofar that it relates to wholesale power prices
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to interpret and relay model results and commensurate trading strategies
- Ability to work well in teams and as a self-starter and independent contributor
- Provide general business support on an as-needed basis, to be determined by an ongoing assessment of functional needs and candidate skill set
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or related field is required
- Advanced degrees (MBA, M.A., M.S., Ph.D) in Economics, Finance or related degrees are highly preferred
3-7 years of transmission-based modeling experience within a Power Trading environment
- Powermaps, Aurora, GE Maps, Promod, Dayzer or Probe experience.
- Corresponding database skills
- Corresponding programming for efficiency