Be a part of a global company dedicated to its Customers!
John Crane is seeking an outstanding NC Programmer/Operator for the 2nd shift to join our team at the Swedesboro, NJ Branch. John Crane designs and manufactures seals and associated products for the oil & gas, chemical, pharmaceutical, pulp & paper and mining sectors. Since the company’s founding more than 90 years ago, John Crane has become the acknowledged global leader in its field with approximately 20 manufacturing sites and more than 6,000 employees located in 50 countries.
The NC Programmer/Operator sets up, writes programs and edits existing programs, and operates numerically controlled machinery. These include but are not limited to lathes, mills, drills, and other machinery as required.
- Maintains quality and tolerances within .0003”.
- Follow written and verbal procedures for machining and other duties.
- Work from work order routings, prints, sketches, layout sheets, written and verbal instructions.
- Working knowledge of programming languages and the ability to learn / adapt per machine.
- Must be able to recognize and understand functions of machine parameters with the ability to modify as required per supervisor’s instructions.
- Utilize knowledge of working properties for a variety of materials such as stainless steel, alloy steel, cast iron, brass, exotics, etc.
- Presets tools and may be required to resharpen.
- Inspect work produced using micrometer; bore gage, vernier calipers, or other measuring instruments to verify conformance to specifications.
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as prescribed by supervisor and report operating difficulties of equipment to supervisor.
- Perform duties in accordance with company safety policies, reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Make proper labor and time reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Keep machine(s) / work area clean and orderly.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required.
Requires a High School diploma or equivalent with a technical school education and working machinist knowledge or equivalent numerical control machining skills experience and ability to read and interpret work related machine drawings. Ability to make average to complicated mathematical calculations and resolve elementary technical problems is needed. Requires a minimum of 2 to 3 years of previous work experience or related work plus up to 11 months of on the job training.
John Crane offers a comprehensive benefits program for eligible full-time employees. Relocation assistance may be provided for U.S. candidates. EOE M/F/D/V.
John Crane - 9 months ago