The Managing Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) Program. The Managing Director’s responsibilities include meeting all contractual obligations, leading and directing day-to-day operations including financial, administrative, compliance, staff development and guidance, customer service, and client relations.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public or Business Administration or a closely related field.
- Evaluates and interprets North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Administrative Plan, and NC state regulations and guidelines as they pertain to the PSH TBRA Program. Under the direction of the Project Director, leads the implementation of the contract with the DHHS and serves as key contact with DHHS on program activities.
- Works with staff to establish procedures, processes and solutions to accomplish the scope of the work of the program and meet all DHHS performance requirements. Ensures the implementation of adopted program policies and procedures, and ensures that staff are appropriately trained and equipped to perform their assigned responsibilities.
- Represents the PSH TBRA Program at the Executive level to representatives of state and local agencies of government, the private housing industry. Ensures that customer service is a high priority and encourages frequent communication between Quadel, DHHS, and their contractors.
- Delivers PSH TBRA performance levels required to achieve the contractual requirements and DHHS goals. Develops and implements internal performance standards and establishes a performance driven culture throughout the organization. Develops appropriate improvement strategies to address deficient areas.
- Responsible for all reporting and financial management, including voucher tracking and utilization, monthly and quarterly reports, draw requests, Housing Assistance Payments, bank reconciliation, and other financial and administrative tasks as required by the contract. Implements cost efficient measures; monitors and approves operating expenditures to ensure budget goals are achieved.
- Ensures accurate and timely contract administration, appropriate levels of IT support, and management of the program in compliance with the DHHS Administrative Plan.
- Serves as the PSH TBRA representative on all Human Resources matters and routinely communicates with Corporate Human Resources.
- Serves as the Quality Control Manager for the project and will use reporting tools and internal control processes to provide accurate, timely and verifiable contract performance and quality control data. Oversees the internal audit and quality control functions. Evaluates program financial indicators, human resources indicators, and program performance indicators and develops appropriate response strategies.
- Works effectively with the Project Director on long range planning, budgeting, and policy-making for the program. Together, they analyze external factors affecting program performance such as state funding allocations, legislation, and housing market conditions and develop organizational strategies to address changing conditions, soften adverse effects and capitalize on opportunities.
Eight years progressively responsible experience in the administration of public or private housing and/or assisted housing programs.
At least five years in a supervisory position, including three years in senior management.
Experience in the management of a federal rental assistance program.
Experience in programs that provide housing assistance and supportive services to the homeless and persons with disability.