Posting Job Title: NCC Analyst
Requisition #: 142242BR
Posting Location: United States - Virginia - Herndon
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Network Control Center Analyst for our GNOC Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
The Global Network Operations Center plays a vital role in monitoring and preserving Time Warner Cable’s (TWC) product services to its customers. Within the GNOC, the Network Control Center (NCC) acts as a central hub for communication, event and incident management, and executive reporting for GNOC Activity. The GNOC and the NCC are a 24x7 organization, as an analyst this means sometimes providing support for any shift needed.
Analysts for the NCC act as subject matter experts for GNOC Communication and Incident Management.
This includes performing the following duties during TWC Service Impacting Events:
Non-Outage related communication duties:
- Taking the lead on all outage level events escalated to the NCC. Performing editing duties of GNOC event notifications.
- Handling and instigating escalations as needed.
- Facilitate Executive Level Bridges and act as a liaison for TWC Customer Escalations.
- Write Executive Notifications for key members of TWC’s leadership and management team.
- Be a part of the NCC On-Call Shift rotation to help provide 24/7 support.
Leadership related duties include the following:
- Write and execute communication plans for TWC events requiring NCC and GNOC engagement.
- Assist in after action reviews and event analysis information gathering.
- Act as a liaison and subject matter expert for NCC Engagement Activity with Network Operations and Planning support teams.
- Oversee Daily Event Summary and 48/72 Executive overview for GNOC events
- Feedback to NCC Technicians on incident management and commercial escalations. Monitor ticket queues and TWC.
- NCC inbox to make sure issues are being handled promptly.
- Provide guidance on escalation strategies and issue resolution for NCC Technicians.
- Communicate messages from management to the team to improve NCC efficiency.
- Help provide 24x7 escalation support for GNOC NCC. Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Write high level notifications for executive review.
- Edit team documents and assist in document/process development.
- Assist in RFO Reporting, FCC Reporting, and Daily Event Summary Reporting.
- Provide support and direction for NCC Technicians.
- Open and Manage troubleshooting bridges for high level outages.
- Take Leadership for Incident Management in the GNOC.
- Take Leadership on Special Projects as designated by GNOC Leadership
Writing Sample Required
- Strong Multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong Communication Skills- must have high level editing and writing skills
Education and Experience:
- Understanding of basic telecommunications infrastructure
- Understanding of basic network infrastructure
- Strong Computer/Application Skills
- Teamwork Oriented
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com.
More on TWC
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...