GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As an NDE Engineer, specializing in IR thermography, you will work with a diverse and talented team of engineers and scientists to conceive, design and build cutting edge IR thermography imaging systems and methods in support of GE businesses, such as Aviation, Power & Water, Oil & Gas, and Inspection Technologies. You will be part of a global team that provides innovative solutions for industrial applications.
Work with teams, both at GRC and the GE businesses, to determine inspection requirements; design and build system prototypes, perform physics-based modeling; conduct experimental IR thermography testing of new materials and components.
- Work with GRC and GE businesses team to identify IR thermography nondestructive evaluation needs and develop solutions for incorporation into GE products.
- Formulate project plans for assigned projects and work with customers to track progress toward project deliverables.
- Develop heat transfer physics-based models to design and analyze the performance of IR thermography imaging systems.
- Build IR thermography hardware components and write software for data acquisition and analysis.
- Design and perform experiments to optimize inspection systems and methods and help evaluate manufacturing processes.
- Conduct in-plant tests using IR thermography systems to characterize manufacturing process capabilities and issues.
- Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and delivering oral presentations.
- Work with the GE businesses to help develop and implement multi-generational technology plans for IR thermography.
- Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related field. Or, Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related field with at least 2 years of relevant post-degree experience.
- Experience in the development of nondestructive evaluation systems and methods.
- In-depth knowledge of heat transfer theory and expertise in physics-based thermal models development.
- Expertise in the design, development, and testing of nondestructive evaluation hardware components and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to independently perform analytical and laboratory research work.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Experience in the development of Infrared thermography imaging techniques for nondestructive evaluation applications.
- A working knowledge in alternative inspection modalities, including ultrasound, electromagnetics, and/or radiography.
- Demonstrated experience in software development using languages, such as C, C++, LabVIEW, and MATLAB.
- Experience in the design and fabrication of digital and analogue electronics.
- A record of publications in journals and conference attendance.
- Highly innovative, self-motivated, and able to conduct research with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Excellent team working ability, communication skills, and flexibility.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and partner with other organizations to execute research projects.
- Experience evaluating commercial technology against customer requirement and identifying make/buy decisions for projects.
- Influencing skills with customers, upper-level management, and project teams.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 11 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...