NDT Department |
Fugro Consultants, is interested in hiring NDT Specialist Technicians for its New Orleans and Baton Rouge, LA offices.
This position requires experience in a variety of nondestructive test methods; practice with nondestructive testing and visual inspection of up stream and down stream oil related piping and equipment is required; candidate should also be experienced in pipe and vessel welding shops, machine shops, bridges, sub sea equipment, structures, and in petrochemical plants.
With general supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Perform various testing to company’s nondestructive testing procedures.
- Develop and maintain quality per A2LA / ISO 17025.
- Provide review of reports and ensure commitments to clients are met.
- Assist with marketing and services by demonstrating safety and quality at every job site.
- Mentor, train and develop junior NDT staff in nondestructive methods and quality issues.
- Be able to travel extensively (required), both domestically and internationally.
- Meet all utilization goals as determined by Activity Center Manager or supervisor.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate’s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years related experience is preferred.
- Technical School education strongly preferred.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess or be able to obtain valid TWIC and passport.
- ASNT Level II in at least one-to-three methods UT, MT, RT, PT, VT and ET (ACCP and/or CWI certification is a plus).
- Pass client’s background check requirements.
- Three or more years of experience.
- Proficient with computers and software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel to various clients offices and job sites.
- Performs heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally or a considerable amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Most work performed outdoors.
- Must be capable of carrying standard NDT equipment (50+ pounds) for a distance of 40 feet.
what we offer
; Comments EOE M/F/V/D
Fugro - 10 months ago