1. Being responsible for configuration, installation and operations/maintenance of Storage Area Network (SAN) devices and applications, VMWare, ESX/ESXi hosts, guests and clusters
2. Ensuring IAVA compliance and security of installed systems applications is within DOD and DA standard.
3. Performing daily, weekly and monthly backups of all ARNORTH core services (SQL, Portal, Blackberry, Exchange and Filer).
4. Being primary lead for operations and management of all NETAPP, vSphere/VMWARE and SNAPManager products currently deployed at both our main command post, tactical mobile platforms and the Consolidated Command Post (CCP) related problems on both SIPRNET and NIPRNET.
5. Ensuring existing replication services currently in place at Ft. Belvoir (DR Site) is functional and mission critical data is available for disaster recovery.
6. Perform duties during normal duty hours but must be available to respond to any major enterprise disruptions after duty hours as needed by the Chief, Information Technology Division.
7. VMWARE Management
a. Ensuring peak operating efficiency and restoral of organizations VMWARE infrastructure. Makes control adjustments to memory and storage usage.
b. Creating and deploying STIG compliant VM templates for all Army Gold Master Microsoft products (Server 2003/2008R2). Prepares STIG documentation for Information Assurance Manager (IAM) review.
c. Installing, operating and configuring ESX or ESXi vCenter Server
d. Installing, operating and configuring vCenter Server components
e. Deploying, managing, and migrating virtual machines
f. Managing user access to the VMware infrastructure
g. Monitoring resource usage and adjusting and scaling to meet changes in usage.
h. Maintaining security and ensuring high availability of data.
i. Performing patch management as directed by USARNORTH G6 IAM Staff.
j. Monitoring systems usage and setting automated alerts to trigger proactive response to minimize system downtime and keeping management informed on potential system deficiencies.
k. Working with USARNORTH provided service and maintenance support for any problems that is beyond the capability of the appointed Senior System Engineer.
l. Maintaining equipment and applications in accordance with equipment/application vendor standards.
8. NETAPP Management
a. Managing and ensuring peak operating efficiency of NETAPP Series storage devices.
b. Managing SnapMirror Disaster Recovery tools.
c. Being responsible for backup / recovery, system availability.
d. Participating in planning to ensure capacity efficiency.
e. Performing data migration.
f. Being responsible for ongoing and daily management of storage devices that support our services such as SharePoint, SQL, SDE, PyrAlert, Exchange, File/Print services.
g. Working with USARNORTH provided service and maintenance support for any problems that is beyond the capability of the appointed engineer.
h. Monitoing systems usage and set automated alert to trigger proactive response to minimize system downtime and keeping management informed on potential system deficiencies.
i. Maintaining equipment and applications in accordance with equipment/application vendor standards.
9. SNAPManager Operations
a. Performing backup, restore, and disaster recovery operations in a VMware environment.
b. Utilizing Data ONTAP to make point-in-time copies to minimize host or network performance
c. Ensuring hourly, daily, weekly and monthly backups are performing to ensure rapid recovery and restoral.
d. Managing disaster recovery sites (Ft. Belvoir) data and backup routines.
e. Ensuring retention of data in with accordance locally established standard and documented on backup Standing Operating Procedures (SOP).
f. Preparing and launching scripts as required to initiate backups and restorals
g. Ensuring available of MS SharePoint, Exchange, SQl, Blackberry Server and filer backups.
h. Performing file level restoral of user and server data as needed.
i. Performing Exchange Information Store and user individual mail level restoral as needed.
j. Maintaining equipment and applications in accordance with equipment/application vendor standards
Five (5) years demonstrated experience in developing training related materials and user documentation.
A minimum of three (3) years of experience must be related to DOD maintenanceions/Specific Requirements.
· Must have a Secret clearance.
ARRAY Information Technology - 19 months ago