Position requires in-depth knowledge of Networking and the ability to address problems develop and implement solutions. Candidate must have ability to communicate to business users in non-technical manner. Experience in integrating switches, routers and networks; troubleshooting skills to allow for diagnosing server and client problems. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, but not necessarily a complete list, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)/Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers (CCNA)
- Extensive AD 2003/2008 administration including creation/management of accounts, security groups, OU structure, and strong Group policy management.
- Experience with administration for virtual environments such as VMware Infrastructure and vSphere.
- Well versed in Enterprise level backup technologies and strategies, (with specific expertise with CommVault)
- Minimum 3 years hands on field experience as a Network Administrator or equivalent combination of education and applicable technical experience
- Proficient in: Windows Server 2003/2008,XP/7, MS Office, IIS, DNS, DHCP, Wireless Access Points and Bridges.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work extended hours (after 5:00 p.m.) Holidays and on weekends.
- Possess excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Ability to travel (domestically as well as overseas)
- The employee is continuously required to sit and use his fingers.
- The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to communicate (read and write) effectively in a business environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to cope with deadline pressure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support of mission critical servers, routers and switches, training, and special projects.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Maintains enterprise level backups to ensure complete redundancy of systems.
- Ensures maximum uptime of wireless infrastructure and wireless handheld devices.
- Administers and maintains end-user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure/add new services as necessary. Troubleshoots and repairs computer hardware, communications, and software problems.
- Performs server security audits and recommends enhancements as necessary.
- Practice network asset management, which includes software and hardware inventories.
Other special projects as assigned by Management
- Installs new computer equipment and software and removes old equipment, including boxing the equipment and transferring to storage.
- Trains employees on use of new hardware and software products
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Reports directly to the Technical Services Supervisor; does not exercise supervision over any other position. Works under immediate supervision. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Indoors office, controlled temperature environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate due to telephones and employees that approach the department.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Seaboard Marine - 20 months ago