The Network Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of Advanced Services Network Optimization Service (NOS) to Cisco's major SP accounts. Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions.
Advanced Service NCEs assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. NCEs identify and document network design and architecture best practices. Advanced Services NCEs align and drive focused deliverables with customers business strategy and objectives. On a quarterly basis, NCEs are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. NCEs will provide backup support on other Advanced Services accounts.
Engineers will leverage and generate applicable technical "best practices" and white papers. In addition to an NCEs day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other NCE's will be required. NCEs own the responsibility for driving regional Advanced Services projects and customer based project initiatives. NCEs will actively lead complex network design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. NCEs solve complex, cross-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies.
Other Objectives include:
* Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex networking problems
* Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve problems and compatibility issues
* Contributes to Virtual Teams
* Provides ad hoc systems/product training
* Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables.
* May act as the technical specialist for complex deployments.
* May act in a technical team leadership capacity
* Active participant in virtual technology teams within Advanced Services.
* 2+ years Service Provider experience
* 4+ Years of IP Internetworking, Switching, ATM, WAN Switching, and MPLS.
* 4+ years in one or more of the following: Voice technologies, IP Telephony, SAN, CDN, Optical, Wireless, Network Management.
* Knowledgeable of Advanced Services Program model deliverables and expectations. Be able to articulate value-add to Customers.
* Undertake support as designated Advanced Services Engineer for Customer networking environments.
* Large-scale Network design skills
* Ability to leverage technical expertise of others
* Experience in internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment
* Must possess strong technical account management skills. Minimum 1 year of experience in Advanced / Professional Services or high-level support
* In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability & capacity planning.
* CCIE Preferred
Typically requires BS, CS or equivalent plus 4-6 years related technical experience
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...